We are seeking two new hires: a creative research methodologist and statistical analyst to help us create the practice of learning what kinds of messages resonate with different audiences and a digital media buyer to help us reach those audiences directly.
Digital Media Buyer
The New Media Firm is seeking a detail-oriented individual, with at least 3 years’ experience of purchasing digital advertising, to manage digital media buying for our progressive political clients.
This person will collaborate with the digital director and other firm principals to plan, optimize and manage digital ad buys from start to finish. They will know – and more importantly have an opinion on – which KPI and metrics to track to ensure success for our clients. This person will have a strong knowledge of both programmatic and direct buying and will provide actionable campaign insights to both internal teams and key client stakeholders. The media buyer will have an innate sense of curiosity about the latest digital advertising trends and how they may be helpful to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced team to help progressive political candidates, non-profits, and unions make a difference. We work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Draft and review campaign digital advertising plans that help clients reach their strategic goals – including the ability to help clients define success and what KPIs best help measure that success.
- Develop, create and place online advertisements across multiple platforms with precision.
- Provide day-to-day management on video, display, OTT, SEM and paid social campaigns – including bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, creative testing, keyword expansions, etc.
- Monitor and analyze paid digital trends, investigate irregularities in performance, identify strategic opportunities for improvement and present recommendations to optimize ROI and improve campaigns.
- Develop and execute intent/testing, e.g., A/B or multivariate tests, for key paid media performance levers such as ad copy, creative, and landing pages.
- Stay up to date with the latest video, display, OTT, search and paid trends, changes to tools and innovations in the digital space and make recommendations based on findings and learnings.
- Manage project timelines to ensure client deliverables are on time and within budget.
- Collaborate effectively and confidently with clients and colleagues across all areas.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An in-depth knowledge of a variety of digital buying platforms – Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads Manager, Basis, Trade Desk, DV360 or others.
- Experience with advertising technologies on the buy-side of the online ad landscape including: pixels, creative formats, ad serving, viewability/verification & Google Analytics.
- Ability to gather and analyze ad data, assess performance and make adjustments to optimize ads, and develop actionable recommendations to report back to the team and client on performance in a clear and user-friendly manner.
- Experience working on political, advocacy, or union campaigns—and a knowledge of the strategies, tactics, goals and timelines of running those campaigns is a plus.
To apply, email resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Digital Media Buyer.”
The New Media Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Statistical Data Analyst
The statistical analyst will be responsible for designing research and analyzing data from digital ad campaigns and managing and storing the data we receive. This is a client facing role and the right candidate must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
You might be right for this role if you:
- Love data.
- Have experience doing advanced statistics, including cluster and factor regression analysis, in a social sciences context.
- Feel comfortable with R and/or Python and SQL.
- Have experience with experiment design, predictive modeling, and/or statistical inference.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse team to solve interesting problems together.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, provide ongoing digital campaign support, and detailed reporting.
- Ability to make actionable insights out of data through iterative testing of creative, copy, formats, and audiences.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Document and maintain procedures on how to use models.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders using data to clearly describe a problem or solution.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a major in social sciences or humanities preferred.
- Advanced statistics experience required.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python and SQL.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative skills and ability to create, manipulate, and analyze large data sets.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and a service orientation.
- Can demonstrate hands-on solid experience with writing complex SQL queries
- Demonstrated ability to produce data-based reports and documents and the associated narrative, including visualization of information, which creates meaningful information from data.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships both within the firm and with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects with competing timelines.
- History of delivering high-quality analytic work to decision makers.
- Passion for progressive causes, political data, and/or campaigns.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 to $115,000 depending on experience and we offer a generous benefits and employment package. The New Media Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply, email resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Statistical Data Analyst.”